Jan 27, 2009

The long wait for an update.


I haven't posted in a while, mainly because there hasn't been a lot to post. Art wise things hit a slow down over the summer. The one piece I finished was an abstract wall hanging called Volcanic Core. (Shown Left) This is a knitted piece done in everything from pure wool to ribbon yarn. I gave it to Mom and Dad as a house warming gift. Mom suggested I enter it in a Silvermine Juried Show. I did and while it wasn't accepted I've been encouraged to do more. One thing I did learn is to back pieces like this to help hold the shape. You can't really tell from this picture but there are beads on a few of the panels which add to the weight of the piece.

I've started the second piece called Icelandic Core. A very rough strach is shown on the right. It is based on an Iceburg. I'm about half way done with the base or "water" level. It is made with Brown Sheep's lamb's pride and done in the standard knitting stitch. However this is broken up with sections of all purl or all knitted rows. This is to give the impresstion of waves.

No comments: